Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Beginning of the End: An Overture


Hey there my fellow creatures of the night!

Given that I have not been myself for the last couple of days and I have not yet come up with the premise to my new novel (looks like I am suffering from writer's block - and I used to think it didn't exist-) I have decided to share with you a dream I had a few years ago. The dream was so real and had such an impact on me I decided to write it out entirely. It's not a work of art but it does the job.

Let's see if you like it.

I am sitting in the middle of a room. The tiles in the floor are black and white. I see a wall in the distance. The paleness of the paint vividly outlines the lining of the frame black door even though the door is no where to be seen. At the end of the room and beyond the frame there is a long narrow passageway in with no light. I start walking towards the door when I see a white piano standing next to me. The room seems tilted and the frame is shaped in a strange way, in a geometrical shape incorporating a triangle and a square. I cannot dare to say what it is that I am seeing. It is quite strange and odd. Suddenly, the entirety of the music I was listening to from the moment I entered that room has disappeared. The feelings of trust and confidence have now disappeared. All I hear is one piano playing melancholically, making me feel uncomfortable. I have not lost the sight and concentration of the end of the narrow passageway that now appears to be gray with a black carpet with a long gray and black rug with oriental designs on top of it. It would seem logical to go through the passageway because the room itself appears to have no exit apart from that very door. Suddenly as I feel the need for inspiration to continue given that my past inspiration disappeared along with my confidence, I start to walk towards the door as my head grows tired and tired. I dare not know where it is that I am going. I get to the door, which has now shrunk to about half my size in height. I enter it and start walking through it. I descend because the level of the ground is about 35 cm higher than the floor. I dare not know what I am going thought but I start to walk slowly towards the end of the corridor which I cannot se. It seems to me that the corridor itself does not have an end. After a long while of walking it seems as if I am no closer to the wall as I was when I started. The corridor that once seemed quite narrow and relatively long has now become and endless and possibly infinite. I do not know how to escape this labyrinth. I return to the original room through the small door which keeps getting smaller and smaller as time progresses. This time I can barely get back into the room and by the time I stand up again the door has shrunk so much that it would be impossible for me to go back to the corridor without becoming a mouse or other diminutive creature. Suddenly and as I start to walk back towards the center of the room away from the door, which seems to be following me, along with the piano, I start to see myself moving in a room that seems to be turning around. The floor is being swallowed into the wall. Just then, the front wall swallows and I am left in a gigantic and again possibly infinite staircase that seems to have no base or columns. I am feeling extremely tired. Now, I cannot see the corridor, all I can see is the staircase descending to such an extent I cannot see the end. The staircase keeps getting narrow and narrow and soon it is only about 4 feet wide. It is now completely transparent, which allows me to see the extension of the universe and the infinity of space. Suddenly the staircase starts to disappear, not disintegrate but disappearing. First it is only outlined by what seems to be chalk. I do not know what to do, but given thatit completely disappeared instead of rapidly falling down, I seem to descend and be suspended in midair around this strange world. I am unaware of where I am, how I got there or how am I going to leave, but somehow I feel an inner peace inside me. I am peaceful, without worries, problems or preoccupations; I am completely free and tranquil. I feel like I have never felt before in my life, I feel weightless, light like a feather, and I believe that it is only until now that I feel I have become myself. I may be dead, but at least I know that dying brings forward eternal peace to the soul and the spirit and a universal knowledge that states that no matter how negative or terrible or disoriented we might feel, we will eventually find our way towards the right course, which even if people tell us is not the right one, will be the right only if we decide it is the right one.
That is all. I hope it wasn't too disappointing.

I'll see you in the future.

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me."

Happy Hunting,

The WikiVampire

No comments: