Friday, December 5, 2008

Saving the Water


Hi there my fellow creatures of the night!

This is not really a blog entry, just a warning for all of you. Due to the fact that one of my writings was published very recently in a pamphlet called the “Info-Pocket” (I would like to thank my friend Santiago for that) more and more people and going to start reading my blog (at least that’s my romantic idea), and with that, I could hopefully influence some people into doing the right thing about certain things.

One of my strongest concerns is without a doubt the whole water conservation issue. We are constantly told that water is running short every day and that possibly in a few years we will be waging wars to protect water. This is certainly possible, but there are still things we can do to evade such a situation; simple things we can do to stop water wasting and promote the green movement, which has characterized this century, even though I believe it is too late.

- So here’s a list of thing YOU can do to stop the waste of water… I know that you’re thinking that what you do won’t matter. But believe me, it does.

o Close the running water when you’re putting soap in your hands. You have no idea how much water is wasted by people who let the waste run while they put soap on their hands. (For those of you who really want to help close the shower water when you are putting soap on yourself as well).

o Use only a small class of water when you brush your teeth and no more than that. You have no idea how much water is wasted every time we brush out teeth (1 gallon in average). Believe me, 1 glass of water is more than enough, you will learn to save water and you will be satisfied with yourself.

o Finish each and every glass of water you order and make the people you are with do the same. – A lot of water is wasted by people who don’t finish their own glasses or bottles.

o Each and every time you see water running freely (as in a leakage, broken sewer) do what you can to stop it. Call someone who might work in the area to stop it, cover it yourself and turn it on yourself. – A lot of water is wasted by leaks and alike.

o If your shower takes a long time to warm up, use a bucket of water to handle the water that falls from the shower and then use it later to flush the toilet (just throw in the water and everything will go away as though you would flush it – every time we flush the toilet we waste water -), brushing your teeth, watering the plants, giving it to your pets or washing your hands.

o A lot of water is wasted when you flush the toilet. Don’t flush the toilet every time you go. I know it sounds disgusting but it is definitely worth it. If you can save a few flushes by urinating more than once in one flush, you are saving many gallons of water… gallons that would be worth a lot in case we do come into water conflicts.

§ Think about it… Australia is already having severe water problems. We don’t want water problems.
SAVE THE WATER

That is all,

I’ll see you in the future

“I don’t want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me.”

Happy Hunting,

The WikiVampire

No comments: