Friday, December 5, 2008

A Small Reflection on Pets


Hi there my fellow creatures of the night!


Today I took a walk around town and saw something that moved me deeply. I saw pamphlet created by an animal protection agency detailing the life of a dog adopted by a family as though the dog were narrating his own life. It made very sad, partly because I have treated my great dog Ali in the same manner and party because dogs and pets are such noble, well meaning and high spirited creatures that we, as senseless and selfish humans don’t deserve them, but yet are so warm hearted that they always find it in their heart to forgive us for everything we do. And that is something we must not only observe, but imitate.


The writing I read was extremely emotional. It narrated how a dog was born, was taken away from the kind eyes of his mother and taking to a loving family who treated him as though he were another child for the first few months, but then, for some strange reason, he was taken to the garden, where he seldom saw any humans and was eventually left there to die, alone and sad.


We as humans treat our pets as slaves, and that is extremely wrong. We don’t deserve them. Pets have no other purpose in their lives than us. And it’s a shame we can’t give them back at least a little of their love with a few minutes a day we can spend with them. It’s truly a shame. And at least, in my case, this is going to change.


As of tomorrow, me an Ali are becoming best friends. I hope the same happens with you.
That is all,


I’ll see you in the future (you mean in the past, and in this case it’s true)


“I don’t want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me.”


Happy Hunting,

The WikiVampire

No comments: